Herbal Oaties

 I discovered the idea of adding rosemary to oat cookies while working my way through Sarah Keiffer’s 100 Cookies book, which came out in late 2020 during the first fall of the pandemic. When I went to make them, I realized I had no granulated sugar so I ended up using only brown. Then, I converted the recipe to gluten free and added nuts for a little extra crunch.


Yield: 36 snack sized cookies


Ingredients:

¾ cup brown rice flour

2 Tbsp almond flour

3 Tbsp potato flour

½ tsp xanthan gum

½ tsp salt

¾ tsp baking soda

¾ cup butter

1 cup brown sugar

1 tsp rosemary, minced

1 egg

2 tsp vanilla

2 ¼ cups oats

½ cup dried cranberries, chopped

⅓ cup white chocolate chips

¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped


Mix flours, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder in a small bowl. Cream butter with rosemary and add brown sugar. Mix until fluffy, then gently add egg and vanilla.

Stir in flour, oats, and remaining ingredients.

Bake at 350°F on parchment lined pans for 7-8 minutes, gently tapping the pan midway through to get a nice ruffled edge.



Remove from heat and allow to set for 1 minute, then cool on rack and enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts